Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

0 |

Just sold my O for a pig and sent off for a British passport. Expect extreme views on Muslims and gays from now on.

0 |

Marty has handed his notice in

0 |

New elections likely now

0 |

Ohhh crumbs.

0 |

slan go foil captain

2 |

End of devolution too is it?

0 |

all a waste of fucking time, now i have to go vote for the same people and all the cunts that vote DUP will do exactly that and revote DUP in order to stop SF from winning the majority, is he really banking on the public anger swaying the DUP voting morons?

0 |

They want Brexit to be an issue in election.

0 |

whats the issue? there was a referendum and the majority voted out is Norn Iron special and we get to stay in?

0 |

Why not vote UUP?

0 |

that's what i tell my folks ffs

0 |

RJ, really?? REALLY!?

0 |

of course they vote DUP as do all the other older generation that grew up in the troubles, hell i voted blindly for them until i wised the fuck up

0 |

Prefect time to resign when you have serious health issues.

0 |

I'm told he has terminal cancer. From a source inside the party.

0 |

Looks on deaths door on them bbc videos.

0 |

That's what I've heard s2

0 |

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

What a mess again, never get 6 months of plain sailing in politics here or maybe we would if UUP and SDLP ran the fkn thing.

0 |

Heard it was heart problems from a reliable source

0 |

What happens in the short term when this falls?
Like for example the airport in Derry and getting a new carrier in?
Not the best was to sell yourself to the rest of the world this scandal nonsense.

0 |

Direct rule pretty much.

1 |

O'Neill is being lined up as his replacement.

0 |

Martin? I suppose a football manager could do as good a job as the rest of them have.

0 |

Michael

0 |

Much respect for marty. At least tried to represent everyone. Did the right thing in this instance too

7 |

Catholic guilt got him in the end Andy.

0 |

He's not religious afaik bay. Know him well do you?

1 |

good move by the Sinners. been too long since I felt this Nationalistic surge. Up the Provos

0 |

they needed to so something. lime DUP bitches these days. voters aren't happy. defo going to lose another seat in the west

1 |

Marty sounded grim in that interview there :/

0 |

he looks like shit too. those dead old grey eyes we all have to look forward to.

0 |

what the hell happened Mike's chin?

0 |

DUP going with "Sinn Fein trying to get rid of a strong unionist leader"

That'll probably work with the bitter idiots that vote DUP.

0 |

Yeah DUP playing the orange card. Grim but it'll work in their hardcore seats.

0 |

We'd all be far better off if they returned power to Whitehall.

0 |

i wouldnt be surprised to see the dup and unionist vote split slightly over this issue. the more right minded people will see through the green v orange card and see this for what it is....greed and corruption. ulster unionists wont be entering into any pacts with them and given their stance on brexit; i can see this election (if it happens) not working in their favour at all....

0 |

Sinn Fein look like they've turned a bit of a corner here. They will get more from London who will be obliged to grant parity of esteem. There will be more disaffected unionists on the streets like the fleggers before you know it. Nobody has spelt out to them exactly what parity entails.

0 |

Paul grivan was on radio ulster hour ago, listening to him you think sinn fein caused all this.

still keep saying they trying to sort the problem which they created which shows strong leadership, but failed to correct the original problem when it happened. incredible really. don't even think they will take a hit at the polls.

end of meaningful politics up this place I think

1 |

Nesbitt and Eastwood being very opportunistic and attacking Sinn fein. They may not be totally clean of blame but nothing to do with the current situation. Really hope the unionist electorate see through the green/orange theme being played. I'm doubtful though.

0 |

They'll just be terrified of a Sinn Fein first minister being returned. I think there will be a decline in DUP votes. There has to be.

0 |

Unlikely therell be anything other than a DUP FM at the minute. Likely Arlene again, so she can now say she has had her mandate confirmed. Circus isnt the word.

I reckon this is all quite convenient for SF with McGuinness clearly pretty ill.

0 |

DUP back with the same seats, SF probably lose some, UUP and SDLP still dragging up the rear. So what happens then, SF refuse to pick a DFM? Or do we literally just end up in the same fucking spot in a few months time?

0 |

In the event, that say sf get the most seats, and therefore first minister. What are DUP to do, if they pick a female first minister, who wasn't in the ra?

0 |

Apparently this is it. SF counting on an all-Ireland post-Brexit desire for reunification and Brexit nonces in the UK being so indifferent in their little England mentality that the natural course will happen and Northern Ireland will disappear into the history books where it belongs. Playing the long game now, 8 years.
There will be no return to Power Sharing.

0 |

Sinn Fein want to renegotiate the terms of office. They want Irish language act. They want historical investigations. They want admission of guilt from Brits. They want reconciliation on the agenda.

0 |

brilliant tactic. another 8 years of milking Westminster for what it's worth. Brokenshire could only muster a hastily organised interview in London. Hasn't been to Ireland in months.

0 |

Seems Republicans have suddenly found their massive balls again.
Pulled the carpet from under every cunt.

0 |

DUP will lose votes if they stick by Arlene for an election. Any polls I have seen show about 80-90% calling for her to step aside.

But then I am constantly suprised by how bitter this little shite bucket can be at election time. I don't know any DUP voters but they seem to be a serious bunch of cretinous backwater shitehawks, dutifully sticking together through thick and thin.

I see the DUP and SF quietly agreed to call off the investigation around the coaching of Jamie Bryson and who knew what during his NAMA speech to the Finance Committee. Marty Muller got off without having to answer any questions.

The businesses defrauding via the RHI scheme need to be made public asap. You wonder under which MLAs constituency these businesses operate and why they didn't know where government money was going in the communities they represent. I'd be suprised if it's only DUPers running scared on an investigation

0 |