Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

i.imgur.com/O7urDqN.jpg

0 |

wee takki, even for all your flaws I do like you and I guess I sort of respect how you stick to your staunch beliefs. Don't change

0 |

Sorry shat, I can't see imgur at work. I presume it's a pic of some White Doves shitting on the H&W Cranes or a Celtic and Rangers Fan Over-The-Trackie-Bottom-Fingerbanging eachother..??

1 |

it's even better than that

1 |

Hold on, takki do you actually not get fanny flutter over all things Royal etc?

0 |

*REDACTED*

0 |

What you mean, ejay? Do I support the royalist ideology? No. IMO, they're completely unnecessary in this day and age and don't do anything that cant be done by anyone else, for far less cost to society.

Prince Philip is good craic though.

1 |

A loyalist who thinks the royals are useless... I've seen it all now!

0 |

Everybody get over the border nai!
www.factmag.com/2015/0...

1 |

Don’t let him get to you takki. I’m sure you’d crawl over a hundred dead Taig babies just to spit shine Charles’ boot.

0 |

How am I a loyalist lol?

1 |

Pillaging and Inbreeding

1 |

bs.twimg.com/media/B_u...

0 |

don't change takki, stick to your guns. I love you for what you are so don't let them get to you mate

0 |

Wee joke takki, I thought I could be fucked trying to wind you up but turns out I can't :)

Big question though... are you a Unionist or a unionist???????

0 |

i want to thank takki for increasing my political awareness and persuading me my vote matters.

I had no intention of voting in the upcoming elections, but now I see Takki's heartfelt plea I'm convinced. Thanks takki, I would never have done it without you, so be content that you've acheived something today.

Another vote for Sinn Fein.

1 |

Muzka, you've got a bit of a weird fascination about me, I think.

I'm starting to get weirded out.

1 |

haha @ tj

1 |

i'm being nice takki, the only one backing you and you turn on me :(

0 |

I suspect he's been on our side all along...

Agent Provtคккatuer!!

0 |

I can never work out if muzka and takki hate each other or are bucking each other

0 |

Loyalism...

The biggest paradox since Microsoft Works

0 |

Fair enough, Goldfist. That's what democracy is all about after all. Good to see your logic hasn't changed since the days of weird science and new age mumbo jumbo, though. The Sun is hollow, and I'm voting SF! ;)

1 |

Paradox probably isn't the correct term. Any of you native English speakers care to give me a better one?

0 |

"Weirded out" = Butterflies <3

0 |

I like him, he's a good lad. bit warped in his views but I like him. Not sure why he's always at me, i'm one of his only mates on here :(

0 |

I've even changed my username to mark this epiphany. Thanks again Takki.

0 |

Which of my views are warped though, Muzka?

0 |

We're only have an opening for one Hun since the Good Friday Agreement Nik

0 |

i'm not rising to the bait takki, I still love you, It's ok to be friends with others that don't share your views

0 |

lol.. typical.

0 |

you should go see me next time in Dublin neddac, i'm on video in the wax museums feature on the troubles and peace process talking about the agreement.

0 |

OK, which views dont you share, then?

0 |

Jokes and 800 years of persecution aside, I have genuinely never met one of yuzzunz in person that I didn't get on with.

Picks sides in anything (unless for humours' sake) be it football, politics or race wars, is gay as fuck.

And no, the irony did not pass my beady lil eyes

0 |

not rising takki

ok then I agree with all your opinions and views, they are both fair and not one sided at all. You are a great man with not a bitter bone is his body, I love you more each day. And your not a hun

Better?

0 |

Takki, my sister got her 11+ through affirmative action. How does that make you feel?

1 |

lol I don't mind whether you agree, disagree, or have no preference about anything. I'm just not sure what is with your weird fascination with me apparently being a hun. It's almost like you're trying to make friends with all the ones on here who actually *do* think I'm some kind of DUP super voter, or something. Like the new kid in school, trying to fit in with a different crowd. You do realise you can have your own and share your own opinion. This is the internet. Nobody really cares. Deep down inside you maybe crave acceptance, but you need to get over that. It would tie in with the whole wigga thing, tbf.

1 |

I see a "lol", must be ragin again.

1 |

image.blingee.com/imag...

0 |

I've no problems with you being the enemy and being a raging hun takki. you still have my love.

Or cross community swall is a massive highlight of the year.

0 |

lol that's exactly it

even with that rather insane observation I still love you, even more than my new friends. keep fighting them takki and stay strong

0 |

you boys are giving him a serious pasting here. all because he's a fishing rod and has differing views than you own. this is a particular low point for this already republican message board.

1 |

I was searching for a "Oh No He Di'n't" meme there but I think Takki just ruined internet pics for me for a while.

I think that wigga quip was a bit below the belt

...which in turn is about 7 inches below the boxers.

0 |

Must get something sorted about next night of 'Crossing the Divide NI - Live'.

Im not the enemy, Baz. My views are idealogical competition. That's the whole idea of democracy. That's what the problem is in NI politics. There's no competition. The two main parties are where they are, not because of the actual work they do, but because of tribal voters and the past.

Having a third or forth party in the mix will only improve things here.

1 |

You should get involved in politics mate, find others that share those views. I find you motivational at times

0 |

i.imgur.com/60WXcvb.gifv

0 |

I too think a 3rd party would be good but which Scottish football team would they support?

0 |

Hibs?

0 |

Partick Thistle might just be the thorn in the side of NI Politics that we need

1 |

Nice

0 |