Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

www.thedetail.tv/artic...

0 |

lol at anyone thinking the glorious DUP are going away after this wee blip of a scandal, sure they rock one near a week ffs and never once have they dented the voters faith in Jesus & The Fleg..

1 |

listening to this now again on radio. even worse lol

without even getting into the scandal she should walk purely for purely not having a clue what was going under her watch. she hasn't answered one question everything wasn't given to me, or I passed it on to someone else. she meant to be first minister at the moment the main leader, gross negligence lol

0 |

but THEMMUNS

1 |

Only saw a wee bit of yer man's interview with Nolan, switched it off when he rolled out the sick children and God told him tropes

0 |

'doctor Paisley once told me............'

0 |

In fairness on the Nolan show this morning thon cunt Arlene was character assassinating him making him out to be a bully and intimidating to women and a caller an ex shinner of all people came on an defended him

0 |

the whole he's that sort of person doesn't wash as he's a member of the party and was a minister before. are they saying he was allowed to be a big hitter in the party even tho he was a bully to women?

naomi long Said earlier he never been that way with her or came across this agressive sort of person. her word not gospel but the DUP are just tying themselves up in knot's at the moment.

starring to think she will ride this out as the party seems to be backing her.

whole thing a shambles.

1 |

0 |

An ex shinner was on nolan as well saying he was no big fan but he wouldn't be the type to bully women as well. Dup are like scientologists

0 |

Sammy Wilson was on earlier trying to deflect the whole thing putting the scheme down to that 'greengruf' baloney

0 |

And the shinnerbots are out in force whenever someone is critical of their silence

0 |

"Dr McCormick says the department had information at the scheme's application stage that "quite a few" applicants would be using boilers 24 hours a day.

But there was "no evidence" that it had identified that as "a vulnerability", he adds.

He says an investigation by PwC has found a "very substantial category" of users whose rates of return were "well, well above" what was intended, in some cases "several times more" and even "getting into three figures" as much."
www.bbc.co.uk/news/liv...

0 |

Former soldiers charged with murder of "Big Joe" McCann
www.rte.ie/news/2016/1...

0 |

McGuinness says Arlene Foster should stand aside as first minister while RHI is investigated.

0 |

Gerry Carroll and his merry band of Marxist men and women leading match on city hall tonight.

0 |

Protest on black eye Friday.

Would ye?

0 |

Looks like Arlene has dug another hole for herself by trying to call out bell as a mysoginist in the workplace. Nesbitt is asking the equality commission to investigate why she didn't intervene if she knew it was going on. Bell also suing her for the comments. Either way she loses on that one

0 |

www.change.org/p/north...

1 |

There's Shat.

0 |

m.facebook.com/story.p...

2 |

Hahahaha

0 |

www.rte.ie/news/2016/1...

0 |

Do they still roll Gerry out for the Nolan show? I might stay3 watching again just to see him run rings round people again.

Gbol.

0 |

Shinners backing the step down camp. We'll see the craic tomorrow whether she makes a, statement or not in stormont

1 |

imagine hitting Gerry

0 |

Apparently sf are proposing something that can not be body swerved by a poc. So it could see Foster out for 4 weeks while some investigation goes on. They say there will be serious repercussions if she doesn't step aside temporarily.

We will see I suppose.

0 |

m.belfasttelegraph.co....

0 |

Grim that no DUP member has stepped up and supported Bell. Not one. Oul Jonny no mates. Scundered like.

0 |

Is that SF motion a step down from the vote of no confidence though? No confidence means we want you gone whereas this seems more of a side step for a while

0 |

I think so RP.

0 |

But can DUP use a poc for no confidence motion?

0 |

They can, if they use that SF have to walk away or they'll lose any creditably they have left.

0 |

Arlene coming out swinging here. Empty chamber though.

Again. Not one DUP member is budging an inch on this.

0 |

what is wrong with them lol

0 |

Protestant privilege

0 |

*spits

0 |

I wonder how many are still unnecessarily burn fuel, no fucks given.

0 |

listening to her here this place is fucked

0 |

So she was saved by Sinn Fein. Lols

0 |

Its almost typical behaviour from all concerned. Every party holds the whole system to ransom unless they get their way. In limbo now as she won't leave and will have no authority to do anything without disregarding Marty's role as deputy.

It's a big crimbo off now for all the lads on the hill

0 |

I'd be asking what Sinn fein got from that tbh. Fairly sure if there's a independent inquiry and they find any responsibility on her she'll need to go. Unreal how the DUP completely ignored rules of the house today and used the speaker to allow things to happen which shouldn't have. Newton needs to go also.

0 |

that speech attacking everyone but SF was very good. could never get off on that buzz myself tho. can't be good for the looks.

0 |

If SF boyos where not getting in on the whole RHI scheme you need to wonder why not

0 |

People saying they are all to blame because there is oversight committees.
Disgusting. How I bring myself out to vote actually beggars belief.

0 |

www.newsletter.co.uk/n...

I like this article. Shows how inept the Arlene defence of removing the cap has been. Also, it provides a good reason as to why they would have done it...to rinse Westminster as much as possible. Moves away from the defence that this was a lack of oversight or a mistake. Seems to be actually the opposite.

0 |

fuck me that cover photo ain't pretty..

0 |

Anyone hear these rumours about Martin McGuinness only having weeks to live?

0 |

Marty's on his way out......wait for his parting shot!

0 |

He declined to comment on his health the other night in a BBC interview. Could well be true, not really sure who would step in with the same authority?

0 |