Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

J Bell in tears? That's worth the license fee

0 |

absolute racketeering off the public purse lol. least the Provos only rob banks or do tiger kidnappings and other victimless crimes.

1 |

from she not be under pressure from the brit establishment as it's undermining storment all of it?

0 |

Need a loyalist point of view for balance here.

Takki to thread please.

2 |

Bell is showing a bit of character here. Fair play to him. Willing to destroy his career to out the truth.

0 |

Weren't they asking him to take the fall any way?

0 |

I'm not sure she'll go. Who will be DUP leader after her? There's nobody. Certainly not the mighty Dodds

0 |

It'll be interesting to see how they wriggle out of this. Part of me is hoping the journo's have hit the deep shit on them to the point of no return.

0 |

So much for having an opposition. It takes bbc to hold these ducks to account.

0 |

"God told me to tell the truth"

Aye mate, lol!

0 |

He's right though, telling the truth is difficult. As a fellow Christian I can relate to this.
Whenever I try and tell the truth about the looming type 2 diabetes crisis I'm shit down, abused. Accused of being a troll.
It's out Faith that gets us through.

I would say, "God Am I doing the right thing?" And God would respond "Yes my child. I have made you in my image, with a strong heart and a strong mind and great pins too so that you, being non-diabetic can lead the most away from their sinful behaviour and towards a better place, a place of organic fresh fruit and vegetables, that they may see me."
And I'd say "ok God just checking"
And God would say "no probs"
And I would say "Sweet"
And God would say "no worries"
And I would say "thanks God"
And God would say "don't worry about it"
And I would say "cheers"
And God would say "not a problem"
And I would say "dead on"
And God would "cool"
And I would say "nice one"

0 |

Shit down? Sounds messy.

0 |

Fair bets he takes one for the team and she'll dodge the bullet. Few years down the line a wee peerage for aul Mr Bell. No way she takes the fall for this.

1 |

Wonder did bullroot's dodgy dup voting brexit da benefit from stealing people's hard earned wages. Be good when all the businesses names are released. could draw a map of the locations where dodgy businesses did benefit already I'm sure.

0 |

will judging by Nolan earlier thas not the case about him taking the hit. seems she is getting sunk

0 |

Kesh, Co Fermanagh

Biomass Capital of the World

0 |

Hard to beat a good biomass

0 |

Bet Bell turns out to be an anticlimax.

0 |

Popcorn at the ready lads.

0 |

Shit going down here. Serious accusations for sure.

0 |

We've hit paydirt here for sure.

0 |

This needs an inquest.

0 |

Timothy Johnson you bastard

0 |

Lord have mercy on the DUP's paper shredders.

0 |

How can SPADs overrule a minister? Weird setup.

1 |

This is some tv. Fucking class.

0 |

What's the jist? Missing it here

0 |

Bell came across well, Arlene is floundering here big time lol

1 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp...

She can't survive this, Shirley?

0 |

Not a mission...

0 |

Will be interesting to see who was receiving the £££ in all of this

0 |

Slinging dung at Bell now lol

0 |

Shes done a cracker character assassination on him there.

0 |

Bound to be a load of DUP ones who are only finding out about this now. There's going to be ructions. Hopefully they tear themselves apart from the inside. Up the ra

2 |

hate her and her rare looking neb. she's going nowhere though.

1 |

As convincing as bell was he needs to produce evidence of this or he's fucked.

0 |

0 |

Lads it's norn iron
She'll be fucking fine

Unbelievable

2 |

3 |

She is brutal.

3 |

Lol

0 |

an understatement to equal "those isis lads could be hard enough to work with"

0 |

I wood pellet her

0 |

Arlene was talkin complete muck body language dead give away couldnt even look at Nolan when answering.
Safe to say the hardline DUP voters will blame Bell its a like a fuckin cult, sad times but true.

1 |

Careful what you wish for. Dodds will be worse.

0 |

Where's Bryson when you need him

0 |

I live with a fella that writes for the Irish news. He reckons there is 0 chance that anything comes of this. Says the party is guaranteed to rally behind her and that the shinners won't back the vote of no confidence, because it's basically a vote of no confidence in the government they're part of. What a shite part of the world we live in.

0 |

"If that was a boxing match they would have stopped it, primarily because Arlene Foster went straight in with a headbutt." Jamie Bryson 2016

There he is

1 |

It is sad but how many scandals have they been involved in and washed their hands of that we know about recently
NAMA
Redsky- Housing exec
Frampton Fight
Demonising Niaomi Long/ calling people to the streets flag protesting

0 |

It's times like this you can't help but agree with Jim Alister...at best you have major ministerial incompetence, at worst corrupt cronyism, yet we're stuck with these twats continuing to manage public finances because of the system of politics here. Actually think direct rule would be better...

0 |