Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

haha, what a meme. You definitely voted DUP there didn't you.

0 |

at least nobody voted DUP then. all day, not 1 person saying that voted DUP.

I look forward to their vote going down tomorrow.

1 |

0 |

..... ..... .....

0 |

0 |

People should be made vote

0 |

agree. Australia fines people for being divvies I believe.

0 |

www.idea.int/vt/images...

0 |

No wonder the government there is well off. Place is full of divvies

0 |

look at that steep decline from about 1980 when obesity started taking off. #Sugar

0 |

sugar mind-control. this is exactly why I'm voting Trump.
I want rid of anyone who is too lazy to vote. send them to concentration camps where they will havevall the time in the World and no sugar, to go over their bad decisions.

0 |

what's everyone looking for tonight in the UK before Irish results come in tomorrow?
be funny if Arsenal and Tootenham fans vote in Zac Goldsmith.
spurs fans will have literally nothing to complain about why everyone else hates them again.

0 |

i hadn't a fucking clue who to vote tbh, ended up running down to my local polling station around 8:30pm.. some local DUP fuckwit outside the station asked would i be voting DUP.. told him not a fucking mission.. took it well with an okey dokey and ended up sticking my numbers besides Ulster Unionist/Greens/Alliance/Some austerity group

0 |

i just started at the top and worked my way down with 1,2,3,4, etc.. wasted vote but hey at least i went

0 |

Not wasted at all

0 |

You probably had same shite options as me. Most were fucking DUP who I put last. Think there was 4 out of the 14.

I was at carnmoney road and DUP were outside. Offered to hold my dog, I think it was a tactic to gain my trust as they then tried to hand my missus a bit of paper with who to give each vote to and what order. Cunts

0 |

Nik.... you gave DUP a vote???? WTF?

0 |

Nik, did you think you put a number beside *every* candidate?

0 |

Yes Wayne, obviously you don't fully understand how transferable voting system works. Voting DUP at the bottom does more good than not putting anything

0 |

Here you go. Have a read :)

east-belfast-diary.blo...

0 |

Jesus!

0 |

lol @ vote for everyone hahaha
'Mazin'.

0 |

Think Nik got DUPed! ;-)

0 |

Beating the system

0 |

We found the DUP voter! Its Nik!

1 |

Im confused, can someone please explain this in laymans terms how voting FOR the DUP actually helps to keep them out?

1 |

If a candidate recieves only top five votes it's better than receiving the same amount of top 5 along with 100s of bottom ranking votes. Placing someone 14th will not contribute to them gaining a top 5 position

0 |

And SF was my 4th choice and sdlp my 6th.

0 |

bs.twimg.com/media/Chu...

3 |

That is fuckin amazing Shat

0 |

Overall votes polled 703,744 - turnout 54.91%

0 |

Any idea how that compares to previous years?

0 |

"In all 703,744 people voted in the election - a turnout of 54.91%, which was down slightly from the figure of 55.64% in the 2011 assembly election."

Complaining increased.
Action decreased.
Apathy is a great thing.

0 |

Increase of 25673.75% of moaning and complaining about politicians/politics on internet forums and social media though

0 |

BBC website saying turnout was 50.5%.

0 |

Not seeing that.
Fermanagh and South Tyrone turnout was a whopping 64.55%
they love a good election so they do

0 |

Looks like Eamon McCann has taken a seat in Foyle from SDLP. Sinn Fein were after it. Fair play to him.

0 |

McCann: The Man

0 |

0 |

Gerry Carroll elected as fuck.

0 |

Well thought out plan of Jamie Bryson as campaign manager ends in not at all expected ignominy. Ruth back on the site tomorrow.

1 |

Joanne Bunting DUP, smokin

0 |

Muzak, it was saying the 50.5% on their results page, but then I saw the percentage you mentioned on another BBC news page.

0 |

i.imgur.com/PXCqZOZh.jpg

0 |

Gary Kelly. what a man

0 |

lol

0 |

Gerry Carroll double SF next best on first pref votes in West Belfast. McCann polling well in Derry with over 4,000 first prefs

0 |

Good to see pbp do well

0 |

0 |

Jonny Orr eliminated hahahahaha

0 |