Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Turnout for assembly elections has dropped steadily since 1998 when it was 70%, 2012 it was 54%

How low will it gogo? stay tuned to find out

0 |

sunny day helps with the turnout.
I reckon between 56.4% and 56.8%

0 |

no wait, 56.4% and 56.9%

0 |

Na 56.8 max, few melters on fb just said they werent voting

1 |

i think with Muzak1's forceful campaining on here this morning you can push that turnout to 57.1%.

1 |

By the time I do all these proxy votes we're looking at 57.4%

0 |

Out and voted early (and often) before work. Bombarded with leaflets from the DUP and Devenney at the polling station.

0 |

SF + SDLP
1998: 39.6%
2003: 40.5%
2007: 41.4%
2011: 41.2%

Consistent

0 |

0 |

According to mine, Gerry Carroll will be First Minister.

0 |

lololololol

soyuz • 1 week ago

I think we all should kill anyone who votes Alliance.

0 |

Few students in my class were voting this morning and they voted based on economy, education, jobs and things that they care about. Most said they voted differently than their parents which is great to see. Less inbred tribal voting and thinking for themselves

Sadly it seems didn't bother to vote at all but gave a fair point that politicians are mostly dicks

0 |

Most didn't bother

0 |

they need an app on their phone and then they'd probably vote.. should make voting compulsory(ish) like Vote and you get a free Mars Bar or a tenner

0 |

www.belfasttelegraph.c... SF and DUP yet again mess things up for the north west.

0 |

there's a transexual standing in West Belfast for the Greens but she's not fit, I checked, so I didn't give her my vote.

0 |

SF and DUP just happen to have said they're both giving the exact same amount extra to health. What a coincidence! Definitely not anything to do with them both working together and agreeing an amount they can both say together to avoid any hassle later down the line. Course not. Just a total coincidence.

0 |

Working together! scheming bastards

0 |

Working together to cover each other

0 |

Muzka • 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
Few students in my class were voting this morning and they voted based on economy, education, jobs and things that they care about. Most said they voted differently than their parents which is great to see. Less inbred tribal voting and thinking for themselves.

Great to hear. Fills me with hope the younger generation. Their ambition, their idealism. Their want to make the World a better place for all God's children.

0 |

"Sadly it seems most didn't bother to vote at all"

O right.

0 |

economy, education, jobs

all parties are for this

0 |

Yes rp but they picked parties whose approach to bettering them fitted in with what they agree with. They didn't see divisive policies as their primary reasons for voting

0 |

SF voters then good to see

0 |

None voted SF. Sound lads

0 |

I wouldn't be so selfish as to put my own personal interests above that of the Consitution of the Irish Republic.
Maybe that's what is wrong with that generation. they're so selfish, everything is me, me, me.
Instant gratification with the likes of Tweeter or Facetime or whatever you call it.

Maybe they should raise the voting age to 21, at best.

0 |

Basically they're saying fuck you sparcy, it's a disgrace. No respect for the fight you've lived through.

0 |

Youth today, not enough hate bred into them. Parents fault really

0 |

tell them I said at least I can fuckin read.

0 |

i don't want those little cunts having any say in realpolitik.
Ban the youth from voting.

0 |

Fucking Cista voters

0 |

I went down to the Polling Office with my mate who was going to vote CISTA. he did a big joint on the way down to celebrate but when he seen 2 cops at the Polling Office he got paranoid and ran off.

0 |

Like you that time at Shine?

0 |

don't know what you are talking about.

0 |

Lol

0 |

think you must have me mixed up with someone else.

0 |

"Yes rp but they picked parties whose approach to bettering them fitted in with what they agree with. They didn't see divisive policies as their primary reasons for voting"

All parties say the same crap around the three topics. It goes something like this:

"With [INSERT PARTY] we will build a better future. With a robust, dynamic economy, increased job opportunities, a better education system for our children and a stronger Northern Ireland."

It sounds great. But zero substance. Case in point: The Alliance Party. Read their economic policy section and what is there in that? allianceparty.org/page...

All they are saying they will do is 1. Support businesses and 2. Improve infrastructure.

Not a single mainstream party will say anything other than that.

The reality is that they are all the same bar a 1 or 2 percent difference on some tax raising changes, cut tax for this group, raise it on another.

Its bland, non-committal and has absolutely no economic substance.

On a additionally annoying note. For their GREEN NEW DEAL headline economic policy on that site they have a link to more detail. Click it and see where it goes. Absolute muppets.

0 |

Aye, UUP and SDLP are a geg. Make a change, vote us in. As if they would be any different.

0 |

DUP slightly better but still, www.mydup.com/policies...

7. JOB FOCUSSED SKILLS
The DUP want to greater align the skills provision from our colleges and universities to match the need of both indigenous companies and Foreign Direct Investment and fully realise the potential of an integrated Enterprise and Skills Department.

isn't this exactly what we are trying to do right now?

0 |

UUP much better file:///C:/Users/900957/Downloads/the%20knowledge%20economy.pdf

worth actually reading that.

0 |

uup.org/our-vision/pol...

0 |

all the big hitters in the Ra outside st thersas school earlier be enough fear for some folk to vote sinn fein. lol

0 |

SF manages to have an economic policy in about 200 words www.sinnfein.ie/what-s...

0 |

Did we ever get confirmation Eddie C has gone rogue?

0 |

bs.twimg.com/media/Cha...

0 |

I went to vote there and Alliance had a few heavies in the door which intimidated me. they weren't there the first 2 times I was down today.

0 |

Gone somebody give takki an up vote or something, he's been posting hilarious Gerry Adams related pics on an hour basis for 4 days now

2 |

Dup were outside when I went.
I put SF in my top 5 Muzak, you'd have been proud

0 |

Welcome aboard. Next step now is no more liking takki propaganda against our leader

0 |

i.imgur.com/TeyLKpX.jpg

1 |