Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Someone's been sexually abusing the IRA?!!

1 |

Corporation Tax devolution at risk now, too.

0 |

that was the sas, neddac, they bummed them on numerous occasions but that's a story for another day.

0 |

For the record (which will no doubt be redacted and buried under legislation for 50 years), I agree with most of what you're saying tคккเรςђเtt.

0 |

You can almost smell your inner-turmoil from here.

0 |

Good to see takki speaking out here. When Sinn Fein inevitably rule Ireland it's important they have a strong opposition voice like him to keep them honest.

1 |

Let the record also show that I know very little about politics but I love riling takki up. He's the Dopey DUP to my Anally Leaking Sinn Fein.

0 |

"More Butter!!"

0 |

Takki your best bet at getting more people to vote Green is paradoxically to increase your carbon footprint by raising a large brood of brainwashed children to vote for them.

0 |

No one on here can wind me up.

I don't really care who rules here, Ireland, UI. I just want whoever it is to be capable and not full of shit. They shouldn't be bible thumping loopers. They shouldn't discriminate. They also need to be able to see that £90 million is a smaller number than several hundred million pounds. And they need to not sign and agree to things, unless they know what they are signing and agreeing on. It's not rocket science lol

0 |

Yeah of course nobody winds you up... Do I smell an Independent Campaign brewing??

*** VOTE TAKKI **

LOVES EQUALITY, HATES FENIANS

1 |

Fenians are just huns with closer together eyes, neddac.

0 |

Biologically.

0 |

.....Established 33AD

0 |

"tคккเรςђเtt today @ 10:45 a.m.

Fenians are just huns with closer together eyes, neddac."

That would get a like if I wasn't such a Hud Classic man. I shall regale stories of your bant in heaven takki!!

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 19 minutes ago

No one on here can wind me up

That's because you're so wound already lol

1 |

what have they been caught out doing takki?

i did a quick search and just found an article where Sinn Féin said the DUP reneged on promises and used subterfuge to put this bill forward. And the DUP calling the Sinn Féin statement lies.

0 |

"Ah here!!" - Sinn Fein

"How Ama?!" - DUP

0 |

BY MALACHI O'DOHERTY – 10 MARCH 2015

Just last weekend SF held it's Ard Feish and it was a merry occasion. There was no sense of the party being on the brink of crashing the institutions or putting devolution in jeopardy.

The delegates were conscious of the embarrassing charge that they were a party of austerity in the North but Gerry Adams had an answer for that - blame the Tories. And in his presidential address he was bullish and confident, setting out the argument that no one would have their benefits cut.

If they have only just worked out that the £564m over the next six years, allowed for in the Stormont House Agreement, doesn't protect all claimants in perpetuity then that looks like incompetence. And if McGuinness really has just wet himself at the thought of undermining the party's project in the South, then that makes him look like a leader who is incapable of making decisions and holding to them through a storm.

But Sinn Fein is a southern party now and it may simply be that even the Stormont Executive is expendable for the sake of its growth and the pitch for power in Dublin.

As on the many past occasions when Sinn Fein brought the political system to the brink of collapse, you have to wonder if they are content that they have sufficient room for growth and influence even without Stormont.

For years they conducted negotiations on the presumption that others needed their assent to a deal more than they needed the deal themselves.

And that may simply be true.

Without Stormont they will have the big super-councils. In three of them they will be able to rule by majority vote. They'll have no need to get unionist assent to Irish language name changes or flying the tricolour. They can call their play-parks whatever they like.

And the dread reality may be that that is the kind of politics they are most comfortable with - defending identity rather than making practical decisions.

In the councils they can make half of Northern Ireland look more Irish and they can pitch in time for devolution of greater powers to local government, having turned Stormont into a black hole.

You never know with Sinn Fein if this is all accidental or planned, the fruits of deft conspiracy or just an awful blunder on the road to making Gerry Adams the president of Ireland.

0 |

the sneaky bastards

0 |

they definitely flipped out listening to canvassers who were going to have a hard time in the run up to the next elections.
i wouldn't have voted for them if they were sleeping with the Tories but now they've told them to fuck off i might just again vote for them. 5 times.

0 |

I'm fine, Muzka. You're clearly just raging that there'll be no buses and trains on Friday and trying to deflect your rage elsewhere, like you always do on here lol

aLEDGE, try looking for articles which aren't based on what SF are saying. Or the DUP. That's the whole point I'm trying to make. Look at what other commentators are saying, what the media is saying, etc... they're nearly all saying that SF has basically caused a shit storm over their own mistakes and games around this. Look at it yourself and make a judgement based on the facts, not tribal politics, spoofing or fancy wordplay.

They've been telling the media (numerous interviews), their constituents (via interviews, and apparently flyers through peoples doors) and using false information for political point scoring that what they had agreed on was actually something completely different to what was actually agreed on in the real world. Everyone else involved in the assembly agreement has also said that what SF have been saying is total spoof. Aliance, UUP, SDLP, etc. The media cant work it out either. It was on paper, they had a copy, they signed it. So either they just blatantly lied and were hoping to play it in some way that'll make them look good, or they just completely got it wrong and cant work out really simple calculations (£90 million being a lot less than several hundred million pounds). Either way, they signed up to an agreement and at the last minute, they've just completely backtracked.

0 |

Yes Takki, I'm raging that I'll have a day off paid and a three day weekend then off again on Tuesday for St pats.

Pure ripping lol

1 |

So, in short..,

Rage, rage, muzka, rage, decoy lol, dup rage, sinn fein, rage, simple long division=budgetry calculations, rage, rage, decoy lol, rage, I should have never let my uncle take in on that caravan trip, rage.

0 |

Did I miss anything? (other than my dilate spelling mistake)

0 |

Vote Gerry Carroll

0 |

Hes predictable. The old schoolyard classic of no your raging. Why are all huns so angry? I'd hate to see you over the 12th Takki lol

0 |

neddac, is your google maps home page Connelly house, by any chance?

you're an awful fella for the understated all tings norn iron hating!

0 |

Are they not angry because they should have become atheists in the first place?

And that their eyes are two far apart??

(Britney Spears, pure hun!)

0 |

*Britney Spears, pure hon

0 |

If I hated NI, I wouldn't be on here feeding you animals, si.

You're my neighbourly brethren. I poke far more at those Cavan cunts!

0 |

What's Connolly House anyway?

0 |

lol.

0 |

* Britney's Pears, 5 for 99p

0 |

brit needs peers! "one man's quest to fill every seat in the house of lords!"

read extracts from the new best seller in this week's daily mail.

0 |

DUPs I Did It Again

0 |

CHILD STARLET FROM FORMER COLONIES TWEETS SOMETHING ABOUT LARD, HAS SHAMEFUL CELULITE

0 |

Why do you keep calling me a hun, Muzka? You're a far bigger hun than I'll ever be. Sure you love talking about how mad an area you grew up in and all the crazy huns you hung about with. Plus, you're always having wee digs at Baz cuz of his youth and background lol. Don't try and deflect your rage and hunery onto me, please.

1 |

Can you actually set your Google Maps homepage?

0 |

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S A HUN OFF!!!

0 |

hang on, so I say your angry and you reply with no you're more angry, I call you a megahun which you clearly are and you come back with no you're a bigger hun based on the fact I grew up with huns? If I grew up with black people would I be black lol

what age are you, 12 ?

in before 'what age are you, 11?'

1 |

I genuinely thought Takki was a half-breed but decided to forgo his Taig roots, non?

Technically speaking, seeing as my girlfriend is the granddaughter of two actual Nazis, I’m more Hun that all of yiz put together.

0 |

There's no competition, neddac.

Muzka • 43 minutes ago
taigs love abusing boys, its just in their nature

Muzka on the most vulnerable in society, apparently they're "mostly taigs"...

Muzka • 22 hours, 42 minutes ago
because he knows they are mostly taigs

That's what Muzka *actually* thinks. Nothing like wrapping up a bit of hardcore sectarianism in a spot of psychological projectiononto someone else (usually me).

1 |

lol funny how funny two of those were about you

once again just turning things about you round to me. sure sign of guilt

0 |

"If I grew up with black people would I be black lol"

HAHA unreal! Always on the mind of a wigga!

Seriously though, you're not black!

1 |

takki is 100% hun neddac. pisses red white and blue ;)

0 |

You pair of Godless savages better pull yerselves together or the Fein are going to take over both sides of the border, like Johnny Depp in Blow

0 |

I'm a humanist, neddac.

0 |

lol @ if I grew up bleck.

0 |

A humanist who doesn't have a thesaurus by the look of it.

You are my muse Takki. You're delusion of open mindedness is what gets up out of my sister's bed in the morning. Never change.

0 |