Choose a discussion

Virtual Reality

Tried searching for that other thread, but couldn't get any results, so will fire VR stuff in here.

Seems to be a fair bit of momentum building behind VR, and it only seems to be getting more and more interest.

"YouTube will soon add a feature that will support 360-degree videos"
echrekon.com/youtube-s...

"After a year of experiments, Hollywood has begun to embrace virtual reality as a potentially lucrative part of its future. 21st Century Fox has crafted an immersive clip using the film Wild, while Time Warner's HBO has created a similar experience with Game of Thrones."
www.stuff.co.nz/techno...

0 |

The Switch seems like Wii 2.

0 |

RJ, you get PSVR?

0 |

Aye she bought it but it's going away till Xmas ffs raging

0 |

It's my Xmas and bday present

0 |

But when the kids fuck off to bed tonite I'm gonna stick it on make sure the thing works and try out skyrim before packing it away

0 |

Only right to test it. Maybe even a retest to make sure in few days time

0 |

sat up last night playing the fuck out of it, decided to keep Skyrim for over xmas but had a blast with VR worlds and the demo discs and fuck me if it isn't impressive as fuck, the sense of scale in some of the stuff is incredible, played battletanks a tron like tank game in which you sit in a big battle tank and fight shit and it was bloody amazing, the 3D, the depth perception etc are all top notch and so far removed from the likes of google cardboard it may as well be a different technology.

I really hope this ARK Park is class even though ill be buying it for the kids but i can only imagine what it be like to view some dino's properly scaled cause thats the best thing about VR you really do feel like your inside the worlds.

0 |

even the missus whose tech averse was impressed, she checked out into the deep and kept trying to kick shit and reach for stuff, gonna get that everybody explodes as its meant to be a good party game and definitely buying Trek.. didnt even bother unpacking the moves so i was just playing the controller demos.. i will say that its the gen1 unit so theres a fuck ton of cables

0 |

You'll like Resi 7, scary as fuck.

I've not really been on mine for a few months and tried that Rigs game, had to turn it off in the tutorial as I was getting wild motion sickness. I think you motion sickness does pass when you get used to it but some games are defo worse than others, I think that racing game demo was bad, Resi 7, Until Dawn Rush of blood fine.

0 |

Number of times per week teenagers go out without their parents

i2.wp.com/www.babeltec...

0 |

tbf it looks more like the recession is causing that than iPhones.

0 |

The majority of time spent outdoors by 8th graders without their parents doesn't involve any expenditure so is unlikely to be affected by recession. Also, the US recession (by academic definition) ended in Jun-09 or in 2012 using the looser definition after which time the trend still continues

0 |

Similar story in the UK - www.theguardian.com/en...

0 |

Let's face it chaps had we access to all the tech as a kid we'd hardly leave the house

0 |