Choose a discussion

Virtual Reality

Tried searching for that other thread, but couldn't get any results, so will fire VR stuff in here.

Seems to be a fair bit of momentum building behind VR, and it only seems to be getting more and more interest.

"YouTube will soon add a feature that will support 360-degree videos"
echrekon.com/youtube-s...

"After a year of experiments, Hollywood has begun to embrace virtual reality as a potentially lucrative part of its future. 21st Century Fox has crafted an immersive clip using the film Wild, while Time Warner's HBO has created a similar experience with Game of Thrones."
www.stuff.co.nz/techno...

0 |

Tempted, actually got few quid but got few other things on my to buy list

0 |

Tweet put up then deleted from Sean Murray being rumoured to maybe mean that No Man's Sky could be coming to PSVR..

0 |

Gt sport getting U.K. update/patch this morning for VR time trials on the ring and Suzuka not sure if there’s other circuits available yet and it’s any car, sweet. Also bought wipeout yesterday just for the update not played since ps1. It’s very good and only. 13.99 in Argos atm

0 |

Matthew • 8 hours, 41 minutes ago
I dunno man, definitely smacks of "the original price point wasn't selling enough, lets try this"

ack c'mon, you should know how technology sales work once manufacturing scales up

0 |

Also bought team bravo and Arizona sunshine in the last few weeks even tho I knew I prob wouldn’t enjoy bravo with all the reviews but shocked at how crap Arizona was, need to give another try the camera set up is a pain for both games usually mine works for any game

0 |

Mad max tt is April’s free semi vr ps plus game also

0 |

ouch on the team bravo, its been slated like fuck with Eurogamer doing a piece on how shockingly shit it was for coming from such a good team.. i have Arizona sunshine, only played a few times, seemed ok picked it up in a sale.. as for camera set up, mines on top of the tv looking about my chest height and i stand about 5ft back and so far its been incredible in how it picks up me moving around, bending down, leaning forward etc

0 |

Think Matthew is confusing PSVR with Xbox

0 |

Same as me rj identical first time I’ve had to mess with it before

0 |

www.eurogamer.net/arti... it would appear that Wipeout VR is something rather special, cant wait to try this when i get home, from the comments its the best looking/playing VR game yet

0 |

Really is no reason not to get a headset now if you are interested. The price is pretty fair now on all headsets. The amount of games out there also seems well worth it. Already have a few VR games in the steam library from bundles. I was holding off to see what would happen with next gen headsets. But with the release of the vive pro (still too expensive) It has lowered the price of the normal vive and looks like at least we wont get a new complete VR headset generation for a year or two. Going to pick up a vive next month.

0 |

Looking forward to you joining The Vive Master Race sumguy

0 |

have you seen the price of the vive pro or whatever its called... jesus, they definitely arent going for the mass market

0 |

Gonna just take my wee bro's vr off him, convinced him to get one knowing he probably wouldn't use it haha. Used it for about a month then went back to his PC

1 |

It's probably aimed to drive more Vive sales, initially.

0 |