Choose a discussion

Virtual Reality

Tried searching for that other thread, but couldn't get any results, so will fire VR stuff in here.

Seems to be a fair bit of momentum building behind VR, and it only seems to be getting more and more interest.

"YouTube will soon add a feature that will support 360-degree videos"
echrekon.com/youtube-s...

"After a year of experiments, Hollywood has begun to embrace virtual reality as a potentially lucrative part of its future. 21st Century Fox has crafted an immersive clip using the film Wild, while Time Warner's HBO has created a similar experience with Game of Thrones."
www.stuff.co.nz/techno...

0 |

on youtube VR search for VRmilfs and make sure you switch off yer telly

1 |

you really need the move controllers for Rush of blood, ya need to be pointing the 2 guns in opposite directions a lot, I find.

I've never played Skyrim before, hopefully Santa delivers on that one.

0 |

I like the idea of VR, xbax and Skyrim or Fallout or Elite Dangerous......do I just need to buy Oculus?

0 |

Yeah, the best way is to have a weighted pull system on the roof so the cable come down onto the headset and the weighted system winds in any slack, but that's pretty hardcore. That place I went to in New York had that sort of setup on all the units and it worked really well. Didn't really notice the cables at all.

0 |

No VR on Xbox.

Its PS4 + PSVR or PC + HTC Vice / Oculus Rift.

I wouldn't even consider any of the Windows 'Mixed Reality' headsets.

0 |

Well thats me out then lol.

0 |

No motion sickness or disorientation at all after hours of play, thought I was the man, then the light on the aim controller went out signalling full charge, insert farpoint, take multiple updates til the game was ready and began my dissent into not knowing up from down, feeling unwell and lost in my own living room, several times I struggled to be sure if I sat down the sofa would be there were id left it, running at speed makes it tuff I think and spiders from everywhere probably an issue lol, usually hate breaks in games for character plots but these ones are welcome. Still doom to have a blast at but that’s enough for one day lol.

1 |

From what I've read you should take regular breaks and start off with short sessions and build up the length of the sessions, if you're getting a bit of sickness/disorientation. Most people acclimatise to it after a few days.

0 |

Do you ever get weird dreams after playing? Given its so immersive it must end up messing them up a little if you play a bit

0 |

Big time dawg, lol. Just getting up for work now, I dreamt mad farpoint dreams lol, better than res evil nightmares I guess. Yes takki vr legs and all that yeah I think I need to clear the room better so I have more confidence it’s an open space and do something with the lead for some reason I’m worrying it will trip me up, after playing farpoint I’m definitely getting Arizona sunshine

0 |

I think the main difference is I played the rest of the games sat down and farpoint I was standing and using the aim controller and there is far more movement and freedom of direction, speed etc, only natural to be disorientated I guess. Farpoint was the first time I felt like I could actually just go for a mad dander u were so immersed lol. Pvp will be interesting later.
Dirt rally is £12 on ps store btw. Xmas sale.

0 |

thon bridge crew is £15 on that sale, get her bought, also picked up a few more VR games.. Super Hot & Robinson had pick discounts

0 |

Good shout rj’, here that bravo looks like it might be alright. Also did u read rockstar are considering a VR rdr2?

0 |

Super Hot is fucking class, RJ.

0 |

i'm looking forward to seeing the kids faces with Robinson and realistic dino's, aye everything ive read about Superhot sounds class, have a non Vr m8 picking up Bridge Crew (they've patched it now so all can play) thats our 4players for over xmas, really looking forward to trying that one with a load of beers

0 |

List of all PSVR sale games - www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

1 |

Thumper is down to £6.49. It's meant to be a belter of a VR game. A real VR rush.

Check out it's review online.

0 |

loved the demo of that game

0 |

Tethered is another one that's meant to be decent and a nice VR experience and gets decent reviews. Decent for kids probably, too.

Tethered £7.39
Tethered Divine Edition £8.99

0 |

Here another one to keep an eye out for

0 |

Imagine playing in India in Ashes Cricket in VR.

0 |

0 |

Really hope more gts vr is added it’s amazing, would def get a steering wheel set up if a full game comes out

0 |

Drifting is so natural at this seated position inside the car and view it’s so different from a similar view on a flat screen, u can feel the drift and counter steer and when u release the hand brake it’s so responsive but really the clutch should be in the entire time as wellwhich of course u can’t tell if it is or not, maybe I’m getting too into the realism of how to drift in real life lol

0 |

How the view look inside the car? Feel right? Like you're actually inside the car, or do you kinda feel like your just getting 'inside car view' if you know what I mean?

0 |

No it’s almost perfect, full car interior is done well, lots of detail even tho I’ve read complaints I like it. side view of track is good, mirrors, all 3 are great u even have to move yer head to check the side mirrors depending on the car, look down and there’s your body in full racing suit, screen placement is important so u get a clear view of the track ahead, pulling a perfect drift as u control it looking forward on the track out the side window is the best feeling in the world as the tyres squeal. Driving wise it’s a completely different experience, I didn’t love gts and was kinda unmoved by it, but not now, only thing is i want more lol

1 |

Cracker. Drifting must feel great. Can't wait to try some decent racing sims in VR. There's a few folks on YouTube that have gone the full hog with racing in VR, hang on I'll find a link

1 |

0 |

0 |

Yeah I saw a guy spent 38k for it, they have moving seats and 3 monitors
This guy is unreal, tho he is a pro in real life lol

0 |

#ViveMasterRace

0 |

Holy shit just played far point online pvp. Get it. Also buy a fan and have a drink close by it’s intense. Fix yer movement settings before u start a match also! Or u will fall over lol

0 |

Had some craic last night in star trek with a bunch of mates, after spending fucking ages trying to get in (don't create a party beforehand ffs) we got in and immediately fell about laughing at the heck of us all sat around a table at the start waving at each other like loons, we stuck a lad who'd been on the piss all day as our driver and the rest filled out the other roles and off we went crashing into everything yelling at each other trying to figure out what to do, people abandoning posts mid battle to go grab a beer lol and so on, the game is pure MP hilarity the missions are all trekky as fuck and cause we'd all been drinking we didn't take it to seriously but there's definitely a great game in there

0 |

Lol. Yeah I took myself to bed last nite so I’d go to work at 5am yeah that didn’t happen been on farpoint online all morning (the joys of self employment) u have to weed out the American 12 years olds but so far my random selection has been ok, none of my mates play online anymore fs irl if that makes sense lol all grown up now I suppose haha. Dunno if I’d like that rj I’m in no way a Trekkie. Also don’t drink anymore so definitely not have the patience for that session lol. I need to to tweak my camera for farpoint using the aim but it’s fine for all other games which is a bit annoying

0 |

Lol

0 |

Only two of us would be considered Trekkies the other 2 not so much, yeah we're gonna get another session organised and tackle it properly, that's the first time we've all played together with 2 guys using their kids PlayStations and naturally cause we'd all been drinking one of them says watch the language lads my kid is here which was a red light to a bunch of bulls as we started going off about his da taking it up the arse lol he was raging had to kick his kid outa his room aye probably better to play sober, he opening scene as you sort out your game is pure class as your in a shuttle transport flying around a station and then you come across the Enterprise and it's fucking huge, it's also really good craic with the move controllers cause your move your hands around the control station in front of you pressing buttons etc and it all looks really cool

0 |

If you've kids playroom VR is utterly brilliant, 2-5 player games with 1 in VR and the others controlling little robots on the screen, had some quare craic with those games

0 |

Sony Expects Number Of PSVR Games To Nearly Double This Year

uploadvr.com/sony-expe...

0 |

I don’t know why you need thon room scale of Rift/Vive..

I’ve been playing mainly Skyrim seated with the camera sitting on the TV unit pointing at our single sofa and it works fantastically, so decided to try Super-Hot and placed the camera on the top of the telly which is angled into our living room, were lucky as the room is quite large compared to my old gaff so there’s plenty of space to stand about 2m from the telly and not worry about hitting anything. The playstation picked me up perfectly and accurately mimicked all moves with no noticeable latency and fuck me was it some craic shooting away like you’re in the Matrix, ducking and dodging from side to side, granted the wife kept saying I looked like a fucking loon with stupid ski goggles on whilst she sat on the sofa surfing but I couldn’t give a shit as I was headshotting and smacking cunts with ashtrays like nobody’s business..

Again next gen headsets are gonna be the bomb, especially from Sony seeing as they nailed the 1st gen one so fucking good, its comfy, the screen is decent but to have twice the resolution, more GFX and above all a wireless headset will be a game changer for VR

0 |

blog.tobii.com/ces-201...

0 |