Choose a discussion

Virtual Reality

Tried searching for that other thread, but couldn't get any results, so will fire VR stuff in here.

Seems to be a fair bit of momentum building behind VR, and it only seems to be getting more and more interest.

"YouTube will soon add a feature that will support 360-degree videos"
echrekon.com/youtube-s...

"After a year of experiments, Hollywood has begun to embrace virtual reality as a potentially lucrative part of its future. 21st Century Fox has crafted an immersive clip using the film Wild, while Time Warner's HBO has created a similar experience with Game of Thrones."
www.stuff.co.nz/techno...

0 |

£204 inc import taxes

www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

0 |

Takki U d love this www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

0 |

Jaunt is a bit shit, 360 videos don't have the same wow as a full game. Maybe it's the low resolution on the psvr

0 |

Seen some Jaunt stuff on phone based VR. Some great content, some shiz stuff. It's good to see that medium growing pretty well, though. Will have great potential in future for education and documentary etc.

0 |

A.S. • 13 hours, 1 minute ago
Jaunt is a bit shit, 360 videos don't have the same wow as a full game

Have you seen VRMILFS on youtube??

0 |

Bought a 1060 card in the summer, Got it because it was VR ready as i had planned to get one at some point. Just looking at the requirements for fall out 4 vr and they are saying a 1070 min and 1080 recommended. I remember seeing a few interviews when they were releasing the headsets and said they would not change the specs needed to run the headsets during the headsets life cycle. Can see why fallout is not on the ps4 vr.

0 |

this will be some amazing craic n VR

0 |

WipeOut - Boke Forever Edition

0 |

uploadvr.com/psx-2017-...

0 |

apparently not, the cockpit keeps you grounded.. looks incredible

0 |

Looking down at the information in the cockpit to check things like my speed, placement on the track, and lap number aided the immersion as well. WipeOut VR’s blistering sense of speed is unmatched in the VR scene right now, at least in regards to PSVR racers.

And from the two races I did I can honestly say that WipeOut VR is one of the best looking PSVR games to date. It doesn’t have any of the blurriness of other racing games like DriveClub VR and it even features a fantastic photo mode that lets you pause the game and pan all the way around your ship to get unique angles and amazing screenshots.

and the icing on the fucking cake, its a free update for those that own the game... i got mine free with the pro... fuck yes

0 |

sumguy, 1060 will probably run Fallout VR, but you might need to turn down some of the GFX settings a bit or something.

They also say that minimum processor is a Intel Core i5-4590, but thats balls. A 2500K would be grand.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, if I had to bet, I'd say you'll be grand.

0 |

Fallout 4 VR getting good reviews so far

0 |

I only checked out 1 video but it seems to use the teleport movement and not free movement which if true is a big ballicks, not sure why they would do that, i tried it on skyrim and it was awful, free movement all the way

0 |

I'm sure it will come for Fallout 4 VR too

0 |

Just ordered the headset with doom, vr worlds, farpoint and the aim pack and RE7, goodbye flat world!

1 |

No move controllers tho so if u see a decent deal on those let me know, please and thank you.

0 |

Google is Developing a VR Display With 10x More Pixels Than Today’s Headsets

www.roadtovr.com/googl...

0 |

10 Minutes of ‘Blood and Truth’ Gameplay Footage Revealed at PSX 2017

0 |

I played superhot on normal and found it pretty intense. this kid smashing it in vr.

0 |

Holy shit, having played it in VR, that's impressive. Some serious practice gone in to that.

0 |

These Are 2017’s Most Underrated VR Games And Experiences

uploadvr.com/2017s-und...

0 |

finally got around to playing the shark encounter on VR Worlds, boy thats a fucking looker of an experience, the whole nuclear sub size is beleivable as fuck as is the sheer presence of the Great White, you could almost reach out and touch it ffs.. the kids will have an absolute shit fest at that one as i've gotten them into all the fishing shows on Netflix and they love Blue Planet, theres a bit at the start where 2 fish swim into your cage and its fucking real as all get out.... jesus i cant wait to see this tech in 5yrs time, it'll be truly mindblowing

0 |

Get the kids on to Resident Evil VR lad lol

1 |

need to see if i have the balls for it, played a good few hours of skyrim yesterday.. i want every game in vr now ffs

0 |

"It also adds some insight into why major companies like Google and Alibaba have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into Magic Leap, and why some researchers believe the creation could be as significant as the birth of the Internet" www.rollingstone.com/g...

Magic Leap finally getting close to revealing its shit

0 |

I'm still not sure about it/AR headsets. You read the bit about its field of view? Guy said it's about the size of a VHS tape held out at half arms length in your vision.

0 |

Yeah field of view seems to be the big kick in the balls for all these things, Microsoft’s HoloLens is even worse.. heck even the PSVR field of view isn’t that great but still it’s a damn sight better than Magic Leaps, but it’s the tech that sounds the most impressive and let’s face it there must be something there for them to have raised near 1.6bil, did you se the new trailer for Ready Player one, that’s tech and fidelity ain’t that far off tbh, 5-10yrs

0 |

Can definitely see uses for it, especially in business/industry, but I'm going to hold off any major excitement about AR headsets until I've seen some really decent uses or tried one and been impressed. I just the the FOV issue is pretty pants at the moment.

0 |

AR is years off tbh, i'm more excited about the 2nd gen VR sets after being so thoroughly impressed with PSVR, cant fucking wait to play Star Trek Bridge Crew over xmas with the mates and a load of beer, i reckon that'll be a real highlight of VR, playing with your mates and seeing them ingame

0 |

Ordered pspro today. Will get the vr in few months time

0 |

you'll not regret it chap, i just cant wait to unleash the kids on it over xmas

0 |

Star Trek Bridge Crew does look cracker.

Muzka, you ever played anything like Skyrim before?

0 |

I know the game takki but last thing I played close to it was probably Zelda on the wii. Not exactly the same but closest. I just dont have the time or dedication for big games like that. Prefer two player games and having a quick blast.

As a kid I was all about RPGs and strategy games but I had plenty of free time then :)

I am going to get one big game in new year though I can work through.

0 |

I'm kinda the same with games now. Struggle to put in too much time, but Skyrim was different. If you enjoy fantasy, exploration type games, then Skyrim will really hit the spot. Just set aside an hour or two every evening now and then and just get in and explore. It was the first of those type of games I ever played and I got extremely engrossed in it, and that was just playing on a screen. Probably one of my most enjoyable games for just getting lost in and really feeling like you're part of a different world. Amazing. I'd say Skyrim in VR will be absolutely incredible for someone who's never played it. Well jel.

1 |

It's one of the games that made me want the pro and vr. If it wasn't for the vr I doubt I'd be buying a PS pro

I like the look of wipeout also

You think they'll have sports vr games? You play as one player would be cool in football, running into position, calling for the all and looking round to see where you're going to pass and run. American football and ice hockey also would be sweet

0 |

The Pro is a must have if you have or plan to get a 4K HDR TV. It really is a pretty big improvement in graphics/visuals, and the Pro handles it a fair bit better than the standard PS4.

There's VR boxing and some other sports games which kinda change the way it's played. Not sure how well sports games would work in VR in the more traditional sense as they'd be pretty fast paced and the view angle would change and move about so much it might be sickness inducing. I guess there may be ways to manage it in time, or we actually adapt ourselves to manage the motion better, maybe from VR being used from a younger age or something. Being able to actually look around quickly to see options would be really cool though.

VR controls for a lot of gameplay is still being sussed out, but there def can be cool advantages. Like with Skyrim, you can point your arms in two different directions (nearly out to 180 degrees) and attack two enemies at the same time while looking back and forth between the two to adjust your aim, etc. Before VR you pretty much always aimed at the centre of the screen, unless there was some sort of automatic/auto aim thing going on.

1 |

Just set up, doing vr worlds shark dive, this is fucking amazing!!!

1 |

Thon shark encounter is something else isn’t it, the fucking thing is massive and looks physically imposing, I loved seeing the huge submarine coming up out of the darkness.. the alien scavenger bit is also really impressive as well, the moment you step outside and see all the wrecked starships and asteroids is a quare sight to behold.. the sense of scale is incredible

That’s the bit that kills me everytime, it’s the sheer scale of everything..

0 |

The two fish that come into your cage at the start is class, had to catch myself on trying not to reach out, also the tracking on the PSVR gets a bit of a bad rep but with the shark dive I had no such problems when following the shark as it swam past and right around behind me, the tracking was spot on, same with every game I’ve played, theres zero lag or delay in moving your head, id download the Last Guardian demo, it’s a short 20min experience that’s meant to be incredible, ive been playing through the game with the kids so cant wait to see how fucking massive the beast is in VR

0 |

Gt sport good also in vr, bought a Nissan gt r this morning so had to test run that, where’s the lens wipes? Was there a protective cover on yers to remove first?

0 |

Need to work out how to hide these wires, shoulda charged the aim controller when they texted me to say the headset was arriving a day early lol, farpoint tonight I guess lol

0 |

What you mean hide the wires, Wax? Just get them so they're not hanging?

0 |

Aye neat and tucked away it’s all a mess at the minute as I’ve literally opened the box and set up in the last hour to test it, version 1.2 as well I couldn’t get confirmation it was in the deal so well chuffed with that, no wipe included for the lens however a micro fibre should do it

0 |

Wish London hesist was a full on game it was amazing but too short, got resident evil 7 too I just realised, is there anywhere with move controllers in stock in Belfast fs

0 |

Seen some people say that you can put the lead going from the headset, down the inside of your jumper and that helps keep it out of the way a bit more/under control.

Wireless headsets will be the ticket when they come out.

0 |

but, cricket. Ashes Test Cricket. Simulation.

0 |

didnt think you could play London Heist without the Moves, ive yet to even unpack mine, keeping them for xmas

0 |

I meant for rush of blood rj but I just used the ds4 and it was grand. Lol I wasn’t supposed to open this til Monday

0 |

Takki on /psvr on Reddit there are all sorts of setups with wall mounted PS4’s and the box then the wires running over the ceiling and down to the play area. It’s not a issue for me standing more sitting which is odd
You tube vr I must not forget bout

0 |