Choose a discussion

Show me your dogs!

(Someone explain how to post images)

0 |

haha saw that one last night, those two dogs are adorable!

0 |

Haha wasn't long touting

0 |

I'm sure everyone has seen this one but I love it! 29 weels <3

1 |

m.youtube.com/watch?v=...

0 |

Giving it stacks

0 |

i.imgur.com/ppqhlCF.gifv

1 |

I'd love to be able to jump like that lol

0 |

i.imgur.com/YbkBxYb.gif

1 |

lol just watched that for about a minute waiting for it to run out.

1 |

i.imgur.com/uMo3iBo.gif

0 |

Lol

0 |

0 |

www.facebook.com/Wave1...

0 |

is that real?

0 |

big sneeze -

0 |

Girl in work woke up at 0400 to hear her jack Russell scraping at her 19 year old sons bedroom door. Dog ain't allowed upstairs so she scolded it but it stayed out scratching at the door. She went on to find soon having asthma attack. Was an ambulance job. Said he was going to die. Dog wasn't trained for that. Just a family pet.
Gbol

1 |

Predictive text makes a dick out of me again

0 |

0 |

imgur.com/dGW4BE3.gifv

1 |

i.imgur.com/ANMTb3c.gifv

1 |

i.imgur.com/vEnmeTG.gifv

1 |

i.imgur.com/RNuEK.gif

1 |

Haha so good

0 |

i.imgur.com/P88vDco.gifv

0 |

content-lhr3-1.xx.fbcd...

0 |

www.facebook.com/mibul...

0 |

Hahaha amazing

0 |

www.facebook.com/sbnat...

0 |

Haha brilliant work shat

0 |

www.facebook.com/kirt....

0 |

Wee fella just got a 10 week old cocker spaniel bitch. I never had a dog. Neither did his mum. He lives with his mum btw. 40 odd miles from me. So, I think his mum is basically treating the pup like a teddy bear. Obviously my son is considering he is 10 yo. I have doubts that she is traing the pup properly. Sleeps in her bed etc and is not yet fully house trained. They are struggling with house training. Actually they got the pup at 10 weeks, 2 weeks ago. So now 12 weeks. She isn't stupid, just soft. That is saving up big probs for the future methinks. What should I do???

0 |

they're pretty laid back dogs by nature though are they not. should be alright. just walk it and introduce it to other dogs and people as much possible. walk it off the lead too I'd say. most dogs that are able to walk freely off a lead have generally far cooler mentalities.

0 |

0 |

Amazing animals

0 |

Yeah man. Very laid back. My problem is that by allowing the dog to sleep in her bed, and not being strict enough, cos the wee thing is a dote tbf, she is going to spoil her. So when the ex takes off on hols, and uses me as a dog sitter, the wee thing won't be used to sleeping in her own bed, will therfore want to sleep in mine and my missus will go fuckin mental. Any websites or books, dvds, videos that anyone can recomend for basic dog training? She comes from working stock so in the future would like to work her as a gun dog. Specifically for ducks and geese off a boat. Maybe rabbits and game birds on dry land. But thats a different conversation.

0 |

cocker spaniels are really intelligent, so they will need decent training so as to keep them in line and from 'misbehaving' (although, to them, it'll just be exploring/playing/doing what comes naturally). The earlier they train, the better it'll be for everyone, and with spaniels being so intelligent, training really shouldn't be much of a slog. I'd just try and explain to them that training is best for the *dog*, and not just them, in the long run. It makes dogs know their place and helps them be happy by knowing how to behave and it also makes the owner more relaxed when they're not having to worry about piss and stuff, so the dog benefits from that also.

0 |

Aye thats my thinking exactly takki. I've heard so many different ways to go about it. One lad even swears by the old stick her nose in her shit approach which to me sounds barbaric. Where is pav when u need him?

0 |

You dont need to be stern with a puppy to teach them things, just consistent. Training and looking after a dog is ALL about consistency, so the whole family will need to work together and give the same commands and training. Having specific times for things is also really important. If a dog knows it gets out for a wee first thing in the morning, it will learn to wait until then to go.

0 |

never had to train my lab as he just stopped shitting about the kitchen after about 2 weeks when he realised it wasn't a very nice thing to do. came a point when he never even shat in the garden and would wait until i brought him a walk. impeccable manners.
on TalkBack there about dog shit around Belfast. disgusting the amount lying around the place in some areas. no doubt these are the same people who operate those pitbull like dogs.

0 |

Our dog Toby just started wiping his own arse, and will do it on command, if he forgets to lol

1 |

the secret to getting a dog to stop shitting in the house is to catch them in the act and put them outside, they get the hint really quickly, punishing them after the fact does nothing except distress the dog..

0 |

I had to put mine down today. Fucking totally devastated.

0 |

ah fuck that

0 |

imgur.com/gallery/z0hYn

1 |

Aww, sorry to hear that MJ :(

0 |

Ah no way MJ! Sorry to hear that

0 |

My son has only had his 2 weeks and they live miles away, can't believe how attatched I am already though. That's shit MJ. Sorry to hear that.

0 |

What happen MJ, if you don't mind me asking

0 |

Sorry to hear that. My sister had to put two down in a row, one was a cocker spanial actually, wasn't even 2

He was bold boy when he was alive but they got in a friend of my Dads. He trains dogs to go find people in earth quakes etc, has a book out and all. He was getting really well behaved before he got sick. I would definitely talk to him if I was getting a dog

0 |

She was damaged when I took her on. Petrified of people and other dogs. I brought her round to people but couldn't train the fear of other dogs out of her. She went for another dog the other day and took a lump out of me. I had to get stitches. We have a baby and all on the way. I couldn't keep her after a bite. Nobody would take her so rather than dump her in a kennel for prolonged fear waiting to be brought home I brought her out for a long walk, gave her her favourite bones when she got back then brought her up to the vet to be put to sleep. I've been around dogs my whole life and always promise myself not to get attached to the next one but sure...

0 |